TEAM CADDIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TEAM CADDIS

Member discussion

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 92 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 am

Latest topics

» Pro Team member??
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm by peterdk

» Job Opportunity With TU
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 pm by JAnderson

» Where is everyone? I am stuck in Iraq where are you?
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm by JAnderson

» It's me!! I am not dead just stuck in Iraq!!
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 pm by JAnderson

» Fishing events around the area Bamberg
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm by Moto

» Hello from Montana
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 pm by FEHEADER

» News and Events
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm by Fish Pimp

» VA boy new to the site!
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm by peterdk

» Fly Fishing Guide Summer 2010
26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm by TroutBone

Navigation

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 211 messages in 77 subjects

We have 35 registered users

The newest registered user is anansax

TC Team Blogs

TEAM GERMANY

TEAM USA

TEAM DENMARK

Blog is not complete

Recognized Partners

SONIK FLY RODS

PROMO CODE

0BSY37AL

SK3

SK4

SONIK REELS

USE OUR PROMO CODE TO

HELP SEND OUR PRO TEAM

TO THE NEXT TOURNAMENT

0BSY37AL

5 posters

26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July

JAnderson
    JAnderson
    Pro Team
    Pro Team

26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July Empty 26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July

Post  JAnderson Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:11 am

I didn't know that any Atlantic Salmon where in the Salmon River during the middle of July. Hell, as far as I knew the DEC were disgusted at the lack of success that they had been having in reintroducing the fish. I had decided that I would spend the afternoon casting some dry flies to the numerous trout and small salmon that inhabit the Salmon River in upstate NY. After a couple of hours of catching numerous browns, rainbows and baby salmon, I decided to go sub-surface and see if I could pick up anything bigger off of the bottom. I tied on a green conehead whooly bugger (with some flash) and sent the rig into the current. I felt a small "tap" on the drift so I lifted the tip of my pole.
    Immediately, the Atlantic Salmon came arching out of the water! It leaped and jumped and twisted and turned like there was no tomorrow. The only problem is I was using my four weight and very light tippet. It was all I could do to hang on as the fish catapulted itself through the air, trying to free itself. It then took off downstream at a breakneck pace that quickly showed my the limits to the amount of backing my little reel could hold. I did the only thing that I could and raced downstream after it!
    You should have seen the type of terrain and water I had to run through. I fell countless times and more than reached the H2O limit to my waders! Just when I was giving up hope of keeping up with the fish, the fly fishing Gods smiled on me and the fish turned upriver and sat in the current. I reeled as fast as I could make my little Lamson reel go and took a quick breather before the fish took off downstream again. This time though, the fish was losing it's steam and tried settling in a long, calm, pool. I decided to try and test my luck (as if I hadn't already!) by "feeling" if the fish was tired. I gently lifted my rod and that's when I knew I had him. When I lifted the rod he turned sideways in the water. That meant only one thing. He was mine!
    I slowly but surely reeled him over to me. I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally got him over. What an absolutely beautiful fish. The most amazing thing about this whole ordeal is that when I went to remove the hook from it's mouth, the hook felt funny. The hook was broken in the middle and the only thing holding it together was the material of the fly!! Tell me I wasn't meant to catch this fish!! Well, here he is. 26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July 100_3830

Hope this story helps get the itch going for this spring!!
    DaringNymph
    DaringNymph

26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July Empty Re: 26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July

Post  DaringNymph Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 am

Shocked Holy Smack thats a nice fish, you keep posting pictures like that, we all might want come to NY, is that the average size for them around that ball park?
    JAnderson
    JAnderson
    Pro Team
    Pro Team

26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July Empty Re: 26 inch Atlantic Salmon I caught on my 4wt last July

Post  JAnderson Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:47 pm

That is about the average size of an Atlantic around here. This is the first one that I have ever caught (besides young ones). They call them a fish of a thousand casts. Our population of them is not that great so I was extrememly surprised at actually catching one especially the way that I did.
    TroutBone
    TroutBone
    Pro Team
    Pro Team

Post  TroutBone Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:06 pm

John
    It`s great to see on you here man, glad to hear you`re still alive.. Very Happy , I guess fishing in your neck of the wood is always going to be great, make sure you save me at least a few Salmon when I head over that way.
    JAnderson
    JAnderson
    Pro Team
    Pro Team

Post  JAnderson Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:08 pm

You've always got a place to crash up here brother!
    Texan45
    Texan45

Post  Texan45 Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:31 am

that 4Wt you got handle that Salmon? amazing, I am always amazed how beautiful these Salmons are everytime i see a picture of them, down south we don`t get the plesure in going after them, we can only dream of it Laughing , thanks for the great story, definately does get me going.
    AKJake
    AKJake

Post  AKJake Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 am

That is a awesome fish man! especially on a 4wt!!
    JAnderson
    JAnderson
    Pro Team
    Pro Team

Post  JAnderson Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks! Welcome to the site!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:22 am